Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut deleting files on import

I tried to drag and drop some clips and fcpx deleted the files from where they were, and I cant seart for them, and they arent in the trash, any clue where they went?

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 3:46 PM

10 replies

Jan 8, 2012 4:27 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

I tried to drag them into dual eyes from the event folder itself, after I hit "reveal in finder". I was dragged it across the screen, and as I dragged it across the fcpx program the green plus button popped up. I never let go of the file, and tried to let it rest in it's original place, in the events folder, but alas it was gone. This is not the first time this has happened, and I've lost files I've simply tried to drop into the timeline. Do you know where it might be?

Jan 10, 2012 5:52 AM in response to Emilia

I looked for the file name in finder, and it can't be found, my best guess is that somehow it got dropped into one of those places finder doesn't bother to "expand" or look in. I just can't imagine a whole file dissappearing like that. This is not the first time it's happened. Theoretically wherever I drag that file, even if it goes missing, or ends up out of the original media folder, it should still be on the hard drive somewhere. I've run a data recovery software on the card it came off, and I'm running a long scan on my computer, its recovered alot of files so far, havent had the chance to look at them, since I'm at work now...

Apr 14, 2012 9:04 AM in response to brothersage

Did you ever get this sorted out? I just watched 4 .mov files vanish before my very eyes as I draggged them from my desktop to Final Cut Pro X.

I searched "recently created files" but came back with nothing (though I saw a couple .plist or .info files created at the same moment the files disappeared. Tried the terminal command, but it denied my permissions. Retried with a "sudo" preface but to no avail. The files don't seem to exist anymore.

Any luck?

Final Cut deleting files on import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.