Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please, any tips on getting a stolen Ipad back

Someone broke into my car while it was sitting in our driveway. They stole some cash and my daughter's one week old Christmas present.

We have no idea who did this.

She is actually grieving over this, so soon after she got it.

It was her big present for both her 16th birthday and for Christmas. I cant afford to buy her another. Can anyone help us with any hints of how to find

her Ipad, to disable it, or find out who could have taken it?

Thank you.

iPad 2, 16 GB White (Stolen)

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 4:36 PM

2 replies

Jan 9, 2012 6:57 AM in response to macprogirly

If the iPad can be located, Madder should then give that information to the police. Only the police should attempt recovery (people have been shot and killed attempting recovery of stolen property on their own), and in general only the police have any legal standing to make such an attempt. Not all police departments will act on such a location report; in some departments the police are reportedly taking the stance that such information in insufficient evidence for action.

Regards.

Please, any tips on getting a stolen Ipad back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.