Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad Spazz

sometimes while using the magic trackpad it just starts to spazz out and the curson jumps around the screen randomly clicking and stuff. usually turning it on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting, and takin the batteries out will not fix it, it only reconnects in a stacte where i can click but cant tap or move the cursor around. i have a magic mouse an its perfectly fine.'

reasons it seems to go into spazz/only click 'mode':

1. bumping it

2. clicking

3. after booting up the computer (only sometimes) (only no click 'mode')

also the first time i connected the trackpad to the mac it spazzed so i tried rebooting but then it went to blacksreen with that error log thing. i tried rebootin again but it wouldnt boot, so i restored from time machine

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 5:12 PM

10 replies

Mar 11, 2012 4:12 PM in response to I want an iPhone 3GS

Yes. Same symptoms. Mouse spazzes out too.

I have noticed that battery life indicator is different from snow leopard os than lion.

If fresh batteries or good battery life shown in lion, then restart in snow leopard, tells me batteries are going bad. Would think restarting to an old os would not be a good solution to determine accurate battery life though.

I also have seen that weird error log thing on starup which i did want to blame on the trackpad.

Jun 29, 2012 6:24 PM in response to I want an iPhone 3GS

had the same problem this morning. it just started randomly. after adjusting a million settings, i called apple and they worked on my prob for about 20 mins. not sure what exactly stopped it, but i have a feeling i may have been being hacked. i told the rep that it looked like a ghost was controlling my trackpad...opening apps and cursor was all over the place. to my dismay, i had screen sharing on. if you tried all of the above (cleaning, no bluetooth devices) turn off screen sharing. thanks apple!

Jan 7, 2014 3:59 PM in response to I want an iPhone 3GS

I am now having the same or similar issues, frustrting, I am wondering if my issue is due to Mavericks? the batteries only last a week or two now, it intermitantly selects and hilites anything it passes, I change the (rechargeable) batteris, wiped the trackpad, double checked its settings/ preferances, still an issue at times, could the thing be defective or mavericks? what else

Jan 9, 2014 7:26 AM in response to I want an iPhone 3GS

I find the spazz happens often independent of the input device used. happens more often when multiple browser tabs are open.

I get the problem using a trackball, wireless magic mouse, and the trackpad.

I find hitting the esc key while moving the ball or mouse around wildy helps restore the cursor.

I believe the issue is more prevelent in lion and up. I was running an old backup drive of Snow Leopard a few weeks back and could not replicate the error with about every application running at full steam. So think I could eliminate low Ram as a cause.

Trackpad Spazz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.