Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4/4s intermittent signal loss cycle

Hi, I now have an iPhone 4s 16GB on AT&T. It is having intermittent signal loss that cycles from full signal to searching every 30 seconds or so. I was having this problem previously on my iPhone 4 after I upgraded to iOS 5. I replaced the sim. I restored it. I deleted all of my back ups and apps and redownloaded everything. I upgraded to the new iPhone 4s. I took it back and got a new one again. The problem has now come back on my 2nd iPhone 4s. The restore usually fixes the problem for 2-3 days but the problem continues to come back. Anyon know how to fix this? Is it a software issue? Will it be fixed in the next iOS update?? Someone please help!! I have a video uploaded to youtube also under Codeman5788 if you want to check that out also.

Cody

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 7:31 PM

cody - when you go to Settings > General > About > Version, what do you see? Are you using the 9A406 build? My signal problems went away when I updated my firmware from 9A405 to 9A406.

15 replies

Apr 23, 2012 2:09 AM in response to codyfromgainesville

i hope this is not a hardware problem... it happened to me recently, ios 5.1. i think every 2 minutes the signal drops from 5 bars to no service. i thought tuning off/on the phone and removing the sim will fix the issue

but i didnt. what i did was i turned the 3g off/disable in the network settings. as i turned it off, the signal became 5 bars again... after a few minutes i enabled the 3g again... and so far network signal is not that erratic

dropping suddenly... i hope the said issue is permanently fixed...

Sep 11, 2013 2:00 AM in response to codyfromgainesville

Hi I have an iPhone 4 and it has loss of signal issues. Originally I managed to fix it by turning it off for an hour. This worked for a week or 2 then I had to removed the SIM card this worked initially again for about a week but it no longer fixes the problem. I essentially now have a non functioning phone. I checked my firmware and it is 10B329. I'm not impressed as this phone is only 8 months old but it isn't covered by warranty as it was an exchange phone because my other phone had severe unfixable software problems. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 4/4s intermittent signal loss cycle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.