Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi my iPad keeps telling me that I need to connect it to iTunes, but when I plug it into my computer (or any computer at that), it won't show up.

My iPad tells me that I need to connect to iTunes and keeps giving me the same sign as when you first turn it on. You know, the Usb Cable pointing towards the iTunes label? Well I can turn it off and turn it back on, but it always gives me that same sign. I connect it to every computer I have (PC's all of them) but it won't show up in iTunes and it tells me that the USB has malfunctioned and the computer does not recognize it. This is weird because I have been using this cable and using it to sync my iPod Touch as well. I have tried resetting it but that didn't work either. One possible explanation was that this iPad had been my uncles who lives in China, so maybe that has something to do with it? I don't know. Sorry for writing a whole novel about this but I couldn't find anything online on what this could be. Thank you

iPad

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 7:06 PM

4 replies

Hi my iPad keeps telling me that I need to connect it to iTunes, but when I plug it into my computer (or any computer at that), it won't show up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.