Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sending a Macbook Pro to France

Hello,

I'm the Director of a US based NGO and I would like to buy and send a Macbook pro to my European Director, based in France. The money is in an American account and for accountability purposes I need to buy it in the US.

Can you tell me how I can do it?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 11:02 AM

5 replies

Jan 9, 2012 7:07 PM in response to Soa

You are asking a community of users about Apple Store policies? Not a move calculated to get you the most pertinent and up-to-date info, methinks.

Do you need to buy in the US, or pay with money from a US account?

If the former, go to the online US Apple Store and check out their shipping policy. If they don't ship overseas, you'll have to take care of shipping. It's less than ideal, because of possible customs complications.

If the latter, go to the online France store, and check out if they accept some form of international payment you can use. You'll get no break from the banks on the exchange rate, but, if the MBP is going to be used in France or elsewhere in EU, it's the better solution, and you avoid shipping and customs issues.

Jan 10, 2012 12:55 AM in response to Soa

I need to pay in dollar and buy it in the US. I guess my question is "would Apple ship it for me?" (website says no), "why should I pay custom money when the MBP is going to be used in both country? It just happens that I need to ship it to France now because the previous one died," "is there any safe way to ship?" "can non-profits get tax breaks for this kind of purchase?"

Thanks!

Jan 10, 2012 1:06 AM in response to Soa

First, this forum is a user to user discussion to assist one another on the MacBook Pro. It is not a method to give advice on the best tax advantage for a purchaser of Mac products. Call an attorney for that! If you, however, would like to know how to reinstall OS X, stick around, but your question does not belong here, and I'm asking that it be removed.

Sending a Macbook Pro to France

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.