Someone on here recently had problems with an ethernet port that stopped working. I believe an SMC reset seemed to fix it.
- Shut down the computer.
- Unplug the computer’s power cord and disconnect peripherals.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Attach the computers power cable.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Sadly it helped not.
Same Situation: "No Ethernet PCI Cards are installed".
But in terminal:
netstat -I en0
- Name Mtu Network Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Coll
- en0 1500 <Link#5> 12:8a:sx:a0:b7:a3 30869 0 23025 0 0
- en0 1500 imac-119add fe80:5::134a:ddff 30869 - 23025 - -
- en0 1500 192.168.2 192.168.2.110 30869 - 23025 - -
-> so the Ethernet Port seems to be OK.
BUT "ping" is not possible.