Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you dial a internal phone number (via bluetooth) to start a Siri session?

Hey,

I was wondering if there is a number you can dial like #123 or something similar to start a Siri session. This would be useful when you're driving in your car and you want to speak to Siri without having to hold down the home key on your phone.

I would like to enter the number into the address book on my car, then just dial that number to start the Siri session.

Any ideas? Apologies if this question has been answered, my searches were unsuccessful.

James

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 3:23 PM

5 replies

Jan 27, 2014 7:58 PM in response to JTurle

oh yes !!!!!

This would be amazing....

That way I could just add "Siri" to my speed dial in my honda (which does have voice recognition) and then siri would start up and use Siri as normal without having to find my phone and use it whislt driving.

The very first time I used siri while it was connected to my Honda it very quickly brought up an odd sequence of numbers...

something like **886624**

the numbers arent right, but it was 2 X ** or, 2X## something like that followed by numbers and then closing again with ** or ##

Ive been searching everywhere but cant find it...

And I've tried re-creating it in my car but from now on it comes up with "MY number" instead of the **886624** etc

Can you dial a internal phone number (via bluetooth) to start a Siri session?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.