Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 is no longer recognized by my car.

My iPhone 4 is no longer recognized by my car stereo since upgrading to iOS 5. Is there a fix for this?

iPhone, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 7:47 PM

18 replies

Jan 9, 2012 9:39 PM in response to TideMaster

Some users have reported that connecting the iPhone to some vehicle stereo systems is not working anymore since upgrades. It has to do with some incompatability between the bluetooth profiles in the car and the phone. See if the vehicle manufacturer has an update to the bluetooth software for the stereo. Since you do not list the type of vehicle or stereo, it is difficult to be sure if this might apply to you.

Jan 23, 2012 2:23 PM in response to TideMaster

I am having the same issue. My 07 Volvo S60R no longer recognizes my iPhone 4 since the update to 5.0.1. The iPhone will charge, it just wont play any music. My car does not have bluetooth either. I am connecting to a factory radio thru a USA Spec adapter.

It is odd that my iPod and my friends iPhone 4S both connect and play with no issues.

Mar 18, 2014 8:14 PM in response to lowmerc1

Updates done to the phone can affect connections to vehicles, and it is something vehicle manufacturers have to keep up with. It is not unusual for these things to happen, that is why I recommended that you check with the dealer/manufacturer to see if they still support the latest iOS update. It could require a software update on their end, or a change in cables. Many cables are specific for devices, depending on the radio set.

Mar 19, 2014 11:42 PM in response to lowmerc1

Yep

Its seems that a lot of people are having this issue with the new iOS 7.1, myself included. I can no longer connect my iPhone 4s to my car stereo via USB. I've tried different cables and nothing works, all of which BTW are official apple cables. Whenever I plug it in it just says "No Song" on my stereo display screen.

My girl friend also has an iPhone 4s, which hasn't been updated to 7.1 and it connects to my car, so the issue is definitely with the software update.

My iPhone 4 is no longer recognized by my car.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.