Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing to tap to click without a mouse

my track pad recently stopped responding to clicking, it still makes the clicking

noise and feels fine but my MacBook pro does not respond. I am currently

without a mouse... I opened system preferences and the track pad options using

keyboard shortcuts by I cannot seem to figure how to simply select and click the

tap to click setting without a functiong track pad. It's frustrating to say the least.

anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 8:14 PM

4 replies

Jun 7, 2013 12:55 PM in response to MUDDS

Other people reading this issue:

get a USB mouse

or

1. turn on VoiceOver by (FN) Command-F5 as support and use keyboard shortcuts

2. Download app Remote Mouse on your iPhone, iPad, iPod and your macbook

3. Go to preferences - trackpad

4. Hover over Tap to Click On MacBook and in Remote Mouse app: click

you're done

Nov 13, 2013 7:33 PM in response to Egon44

I was able to do the same thing - minus downloading the Remote Mouse App. Thanks for the VoiceOver tip!

1. Command+Space will open up spotlight - type in "Trackpad" and hit enter. Your trackpad settings should open.

2. Then, as outlined above, turn on VoiceOver (fn+command+f5)

3. You will then see the top portion of your trackpad settings highlighted in black. Hit the "down" key (do not press tab.)

4. Continue to press the down key until "one tap click" is highlighted in black. Follow the VoiceOver command to select the box (it will read it aloud to you - either control+option+space, or option+command+space. Voila - one tap click is selected!)

5. Last but not least, deactivate VoiceOver command (fn+command+f5) and you're back in business.

Changing to tap to click without a mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.