Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Office app on iPad

I search for an office app on iPad.

This app have to sync with dropbox.

It should be also possible to edit word and excel files WITHOUT changing the format.

In Excel I want to use all the normal formulas. It should open the formula which are already in there.

I want to work like in office only on the iPad =)

What do you think, is this possible?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 1:31 AM

12 replies

Jan 10, 2012 6:10 AM in response to Schokhi

If QuickOfffice and Documents To Go won't meet your needs, then I don't think you're going to find any app that will - they are about as robust as any iPad Office app could be at the moment.

You could try using some kind of remote server or remote control of a computer running Office. For the latter, apps like Remote Desktop let you operate a computer from the iPad - so you could open the Excel document that way, but you'd have to be running it on a computer and you'd have to deal with the fact the the interface is meant for a mouse, so some fine-tuned details would be hard on a touch screen.

Another option - recently several companies have released apps to let you run Office on their remote servers. Check out OnLive Desktop or CloudOn. Haven't used them myself, but it might solve your problem.

Jan 10, 2012 10:31 AM in response to Schokhi

I installed Cloudon 4 days ago and it looks great. I can't comment on Excel, but Word seems to maintain excellent format retention on a table that I imported. It has all the controls/tools as in Word 2010. I have Office 2010 on my computer. I am not sure, but I think you must have Office on your computer, in that, as I recollect, it asked me to provide the Product I.D. when I set it up.

In addition, you must establish a Dropbox account.

It is MUCH better than Pages!!! Pages did not retain some formatting information on the same table I imported into Cloudon.

Still, I have A LOT to learn on it!

It is free now at the app store, but the developers stated that they may start charging for it in the future.

Office app on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.