Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get my Keyboard to work as a Windows Keyboard

Hi

I have recently baught my first Appli MacBook Pro and is very happy about it.

I bought a a wired apple keyboard and that works great for me.

Unfortunately I'm bound to windows and windows software in my professional life, and as a result i work with windows Applications using vmware fussion, citrix xenapp and remote desktop connections.

When working with Windows Applications I would love to be able to have a keyboard working as windows keyboard (F1..F12, ALT, ALT GR, CTRL, Windows-key, Character positions ([]{}\@.....), PageUp/Down home, end etc.)

I have purchased a Windows Keyboard hoping that that would work better, but found that that was even more confusing, since keys now does't perform the actions that's on them. :-(

Then I went to invesigate if there was anyway to get the windows kayboard to work with a different set of settings, but that doesn't seem to be possible. Changing the keyboard setting seems to also change the setting for my apple keyboard :-(

Is there any apps that I need to purchase or some other way to get this mixed setup working?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 2:06 AM

8 replies

Jan 10, 2012 1:57 PM in response to plc5700

plc5700 wrote:

I appears that there are som eLogitec Keyboard Layouts included, but how do I install them?

You just want to install the .keylayout file with Danish in its name. You put it in Home/Library/Keyboard Layouts or Library/Keyboard Layouts, logout/login, check its box in system prefs/language & text/input sources, plus th box for "Show Input Menu in Menu Bar," then select it in the "flag" menu at the top right of your screen.

How do i get my Keyboard to work as a Windows Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.