Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse problems

Dear friends,

I think something is wrong with my bluetooth devices... They work perfecly well for a period of time (maybe 1 hour, maybe 2 minutes) and after this period they stop working well. They are not disconnected, they keep working, but they are super lagish, e.g. the mouse cannot be controlled, the keyboard have super latency or it keeps repeating a button i selected.

When this occurs I turn off bluetooth from my status bar, and turn it again on right away. That solves the problem for again a period of time. This issue was first introduced to me after I installed Lion on my mac. After this and some other problems I experienced in Lion, I decided to switch back to snow leopard again. The thing is that the problem persisted...

Any suggestions ???

Thanks

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), macbook pro, ipad, iphone 4, macbook, ipod

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 3:30 AM

Hello:

The problem (IMHO) has nothing to do with Lion.

Try resetting the PRAM and SMC.

Trash a preference file (com.apple.bluetooth.plist) and restart.

Barry

P.S. If the problem is with the BT hardware, none of the above will fix it.

3 replies

Jan 12, 2012 4:41 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

OK. New input...

Updated again to Lion. As soon as I updated the problem began again. Once again I deleted the com.apple.bluetooth file and reset both pram and smc.

For two days my bluetooth devices were working perfectly fine. None issues.

Today, I was in a hurry and put my mac on sleep by closing the lid. As soon as I opened the lid again

the problem unveiled again.

What on earth is happening ?? It cannot be a keyboard or mouse problem, can it ??

Little help, please... It seems managable, but performing a smc and pram reset every couple days doen't

seem right...

Regards

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.