Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there anyway i can upgrade from logic express to logic pro?

i have logic express 9 which doesn't have all the plug-ins such as space designer, sculpture etc. i believe that if i got logic pro i would have all these plugins, so i was just wondering whether it was possible for me to get an upgrade from logic express 9 to logic pro 9, or would i have to buy pro seporately just to get these plugins?

thanks,

Tom

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 8:24 AM

3 replies

Jan 10, 2012 11:40 AM in response to tominator1111

Hi

Logic Express has been discountinued, and I believe that so have any Express-Studio upgrades.

You can buy Logic Pro from the AppStore, or you could try searching for an Express-Studio upgrade from a reseller.

Last time I looked, there were full copies of Logic Studio available from Apple Store, but these are likely to be limited (and expensive).

CCT

Jan 11, 2012 11:13 AM in response to tominator1111

I believe you will be happiest, though disappointed with the lack of retail box upgrade to Mac App store policy in purchasing Logic Studio while it's still available. B&H has it online in stock for $235, so the extra $35 gets you everything that isn't in the $200 Mac App version of Logic Pro. We're stuck in retail for now. I just hope we don't have a problem with further upgrades in the future. I am guessing we will. But for now, I think it's a deal. You get tons more software and and instruments etc at least until they go to v10.

I hope by then I will be able to to stay with v9 Studio for a long, long time and that Lion and my new MacBook Pro will last for as long as possible. Not that I enjoy Lion. I don't. But I just don't want to have to upgrade to v10 for yet another $200 as a Mac App instead of retail box for what should be considerably less.

Go for it while you can. At least, well, I did.

GAR

Is there anyway i can upgrade from logic express to logic pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.