Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share documents, with pictures, in icloud

Hello,

I have a question about Pages and iCloud:

I created a document with 2 pictures in it on my mac. I imported them from Iphoto, worked fine.

Then I uploaded the document to icloud.com, to share it with my iphone/ipad.

The document appears in the cloud but it's missing the pictures. 😟

Well, the problem is obviously that on the mac, the pictures are just linked to the document. Is there any way to import them into the document so I can share everythin with icloud?

Thank you all!

Georg

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2), latest iWork version

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 11:54 AM

Images are saved in the Pages document, not linked. When it comes to iCloud I can't help you.

4 replies

Jan 11, 2012 1:31 AM in response to fruhulda

Thank you, but I figured it out:

In the first document, I had the Images inside a table and that didn't work with iCloud. If you place an Image normally inside a document, it works fine.

I think it's a bug in the iOS version of Pages, because you have to open iCloud documents first on your mobile device, then it updates (ruines) the iCloud document, and then you can open the document on a mac again for the first time and it gets the thumbnail.

I tried some other sharing yesterday and it seems that iOS Pages can't handle A3 or horizontal format dokuments either.

I'm shure it will be improved in the future.

Thank you fruhulda for your help!

Georg

How can I share documents, with pictures, in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.