Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New apple 27 " display has gone black- any ideas ?

This evening my Apple 27 " LED cinema display went black and won't display a picture.

I had stopped for a break with a photoshop image I was working on being displayed and came back after about 10 minutes.When I returned -no picture just a black screen. Its less than 3 months old.( Nov 2011) The sound still seems to work with keyboard pings audible. I've tried unplugging,restrarting etc but still no picture. Now I'm using my spare monitor which is fine so its not the Mac itself. It is very annoying - does anyone have any solutions or ideas please?

Apple LED 27 " cinema display -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 11:11 AM

5 replies

Apr 18, 2013 11:50 AM in response to poconorm

Following on from my initial post. My screen seemed to spring to life every time I took it into my local Apple store before reverting to black when I got it back to my studio. Finally I was given a full replacement by Apple after it tripped out their power supply during an attempt to repair it on my third visit. I would push for a replacement screen entirely at the earliest, to avoid a long saga.

New apple 27 " display has gone black- any ideas ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.