I've recently upgraded to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 and am now seeing the following mouse & trackpad "click" issue:
- My mouse click stops working (note: click function only) and this affects both my trackpad and wireless mouse click functions at the same time.
- This only happens periodically, in that if I restart my machine enough times (up to 5+) occasionally the mouse click function returns.
- The fact that this affects both my trackpad and mouse (always at the same time) makes me suspect this is 'software related' issue (as opposed to hardware problem).
- I have placed two calls to Apple now but the problem is still occurring, so far they have taken me through the following steps:
- Call 1: (Note: I performed both these steps as directed by the Apple support team, which initally fixed my issue on start-up but an hour later the same problem started occurring again)
- 1) Resetting System Management Controller (SMC) (see details below)
Click on the link above or copy and paste the following address into your Web browser to view the article: <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964?viewlocale=en_US>
- 2) Resetting PRAM & NVRAM
Click on the link above or copy and paste the following address into your Web browser to view the article: <http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379?viewlocale=en_US>
- Call 2:
- Apple support team suggest disabling 3rd party applications on start-up, which I have done but this has not fixed the problem.
I would love to know if other people have seen this issue OR even better can suggest a solution. Alternatively if these is some way to monitor how 'mouse_clicks' are being processed at runtime that would be interesting also.