Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am not receiving all of my email?

I am not receiving all of my email? Getting some of it but not all.

iPhone 4, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 5:31 PM

7 replies

Jan 10, 2012 5:35 PM in response to rblack221

You have given us very little to go on, but I'll make an educated guess that you have a POP3 email account, and you leave your computer on all (or most) of the time, and that your mail program on your computer is always running, and probably fetching email every 5 or 10 minutes. If all of my guesses are correct then your computer is downloading your email and deleting it from the server, so when your iPhone goes to get mail it isn't there anymore because it was deleted by the mail program on your computer.

If I'm wrong about any of this tell us and someone will suggest other possibilities.

Apr 4, 2012 6:07 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I'm having a similar problem. I have set up my POP email (my work email) for my iPhone 4S to receieve 100 emails. My Outlook mail on my PC is set to check for new email every 10 minutes. I have set my account to never delete emails from the server. I have had this email address st this way for several years. There are about 12,000 emails on the account currently.

Having set this up on my iPhone, it downloads the last 100 emails I have received. However, I do not receive the newest emails I have received in my Outlook.

Since my POP Outlook email is set up to keep emails saved on the server, my iPhone surely should download these same newly arriving emails as if they haven't been opened before?

When I refresh my iPhone email it doesnt download the newest emails that have already arrived in my Outlook. I did receive an email yesterday on my iPhone that I receivd several minutes earlier in my Outlook, however,, I received 4 more emails in my Outlook earlier today that have still not arrived in my iPhone inbox.

Will those emails arrive on my iPhone, or am I just going to have to wait and keep my fingers crossed?

I have my Fetch New Data settings ON and set to Push.

Apr 7, 2012 5:09 PM in response to ash3001

I have this same problem too...(only my email is a gmail acct). I have an imac, macbook pro, ipad and iphone. I did not have this problem prior to upgrading the OSX on my imac from 10.5 to 10.7 a week ago. Prior to that I had my icloud set up for my other 3 and it was working fine...I was getting all of my email to all 4 devices....and icloud was 'sharing' between the macbook, ipad and iphone....(I needed to upgrade my OSX on my imac to get icloud to work with it as well, and that is why I did that!.....now NOTHING works properly!). A lot of times I get the 'ding' alerting to a new email even, and when I open up my mail app - there is nothing new there! VERY frsutrating!

Jill

Apr 7, 2012 5:15 PM in response to JBeamer

Since you use gmail configure your computer and iPhone to use IMAP rather than POP3. You can also configure the iPhone to access your gmail via an Exchange account, which will give you real time email.

For the iPhone: http://email.about.com/od/iphonemailtips/qt/Set_Up_Push_Gmail_in_iPhone_Mail.htm

For your Mac: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180188

Apr 7, 2012 5:33 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

thank you Lawrence...my mac mail is already set up as an IMAP, and I not sure why that is needed for my iphone...it worked just fine *before* set up the way it was...

my issue is that it (mail) no longer works *the way it was* since I upgraded my imac to 10.7. (from 10.5) (also having issues with iphoto since upgrading....it keeps quitting!).

I thought the slogan for MACs is 'because it works' or something like that! I have a lot of $ invested in my apple products and I just want them to *work*!

May 2, 2012 11:24 AM in response to rblack221

I have this new problem as well. Have had the phone for almost a year (Iphone4.) Email was working fine until this week. Tuesday it stopped working, trying all different suggetions, deleting and reentering the account. Rebooting the phone, etc. Then I thought maybe it was because I dan't yet installing the latest upgrade version so I did that. Today now I only get SOME of my emails. The few emails that manage to break through,are delayed but large amounts of emails and time frames are missing in my Iphone email inbox. I can't figure this out. I have made no changes to my initial Comcast email account. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am not receiving all of my email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.