Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have Aperture 2... need to update to Aperture 3...

I have Aperture 2.. would like to upgrade to Aperture 3. Do I get the $79 or the $199 version? What's the difference? Will my library migrate OK?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 6:22 PM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2012 11:04 PM in response to Jfoley

The Aperture Version downloaded from the App Store is the same version as the Application as the full version from the Apple Store, it is just less expensive and does not include the sample pictures used with the tutorials. But it has a licence that entitles you to install it on all your machines. So I'd recommend to download the App Store Version. Since this is no boxed version, and the installers downloaded from the App Store tend to vanish after installation, burn a DVD of the installer before you run it; that makes it easier to reinstall Aperture, if you ever need to.

Usually Aperure 3 will upgrade your Aperture Library without problems, when you open it. But make sure you have a working backup, before you do the upgrade.

Regards

Léonie

Have Aperture 2... need to update to Aperture 3...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.