Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This one could prove hard to fix...

I have an issue with the iPhone 4S. When i make a cell call using my apple earphones the mic on the earphones is always ON in my ear. Meaning i can always hear my own voice as well as the enviroment around me clear as day. The call is working fine and all is well aprt from this issue. Using the earphones on the 3GS it's like being in a sound booth... Nothing coming throught the earphones except the other end of the call.

The reason this blows is that you can hear EVERYTHING around you as well as the person on the other end of the call.

I have discovered that this problem only happens with actual cell calls and NOT on a skype call. I've taken the phone back to the Soho apple store. First the Genius thought it was the noise cancelling mic on the handset... not the case. Me and the genius tried 3 different iphone 4ss' including his own personal handset, with several pairs of apple earphones and the result is the same. We ended the appointment with "We've no idea why that happens". Please please please can anyone shed light on this issue?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 8:24 PM

1 reply

This one could prove hard to fix...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.