7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2012 10:58 PM by fane_j
khyronelric Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

One simple question, I have a hard disk from my PC, which does not work anymore. I need to know this: What format do I need to use to clean it up and make it readable for my Mac and for other PCs.

I am going to format the hard drive via USB with MacBook Pro and I see many options:


Mac OS Extended (journaled)

Mac OS Extended

Mac OS Extended (case sensitive journaled)

Mac OS Extended (case sensitive)



I want to be able to save photos, movies, music and stuff like that and make it readable for Macs and PCs

Thanks and I am sorry for such a noobie question, I know that for PC NTFS is an awesome format but I dont know crap about Macs

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)