Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13 inch getting HOT

I wonder why my MBP late 2011 getting so hot. I just run skype, google chrome browser and utorrent but then my cpu temperature increase to 84 degree celcius! i've using smc fan control and also additional cooling pad. why why why.. what is my best solution... 😟

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 4:10 AM

8 replies

Jan 11, 2012 4:17 AM in response to zikery

When you are using the MBP, is it on line power or battery power? If you open Launchpad, Utilities, Activity Monitor and keep that open when you are using the MBP, how much load is it showing on the cpu?

If you are using very heavy graphic intensive material it will not only use full line power but also some battery power if the line current is not enough. That can cause a lot of heat to be generated.

Jan 11, 2012 4:33 AM in response to zikery

Skype video calling is extremely graphics-intensive, and if you have any web page open that has Flash content on it, so is that. Either or both will jack the temperature of your machine right up. That said, 84C is well within the safe operating temperature range for your machine's CPU, and is no cause for worry.

MacBook Pro 13 inch getting HOT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.