Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing grey outside image area.

I've two Epson Printers (Epson Stylus Photo R2400 and Epson Stylus Pro 4880) both printing satisfactorily until recently.

Following a change of inks the Epson R2400 has begun printing much too dark (and wet) and the white area outside the image is printing grey. The PRO 4880 is still printing correctly.

This grey tone in the white occurs in different applications (ie Safari & Mail).

I've tried printing from a laptop (ie different source) and the reults are the same. However my settings are also the same on both computers...

I've tried loading older drivers (Epson reccommends Driver 6.57, while Apple encourages the latest download Driver 8.21). The OSX included printer profiles offer a Gutenberg Driver option. While this prints without the grey surround, there are too few controls in the print dialog to be useful. Also there are printer 'Feature sets', which give you no indication of what you are selecting.

Online I've found inconclusive discussions blaming ColorSync, Lion, Adobe Photoshop v.CS5 and Apple.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

SNaP.

G5 dual 1.8 GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.4), MacBookPro 17" 2.16 GHz; G4 laptop 1GHz

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 7:01 AM

There are no replies.

Printing grey outside image area.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.