Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album not showing on iPod

So, I have an album on iTunes that isn't showing up on my iPod. In iTunes I can see it, I can play all the songs and all that. But, if I go on my iPod and go to artists, it doesn't show the artist name on there. Then if I go to my Cover Flow, it shows the album and I can play the songs from there. That's inconvenient for me and I was just trying to figure out why it's not like the others I have because it's the only one that's ever gave me this problem. Help is greatly appreciated!

iPod classic, iOS 2.x

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 12:08 PM

For the missing Artists on your iPod, make sure their tracks in iTunes are not marked as "Part of a compilation" in iTunes. You can do this by highlighting the track, right->clicking on them and choosing Get Info from the shortcut menu. When the window pops up, head over to the Info tab and make sure there is NO tick mark next to this option in the lower right hand corner. Lastly, sync the updated changes to your iPod if necessary.

B-rock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2012 12:08 PM in response to tarheelsfreak40

For the missing Artists on your iPod, make sure their tracks in iTunes are not marked as "Part of a compilation" in iTunes. You can do this by highlighting the track, right->clicking on them and choosing Get Info from the shortcut menu. When the window pops up, head over to the Info tab and make sure there is NO tick mark next to this option in the lower right hand corner. Lastly, sync the updated changes to your iPod if necessary.

B-rock

Album not showing on iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.