Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing songs from synced smart playlists in itunes match

Hi everyone,

I can't find a simple answer to what seems like a fairly simple question.

I have a smart playlist created on my Mac and synced to my iPhone. The playlist updates itself 'smartly' (eg based on number of plays <1) and songs disappear from the version on the Mac, however I'm stuck with them on the iPhone - song removals don't seem to be replicated/synced.

Have I missed something obvious or is this a 'feature'?!

Thanks

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 11:29 AM

6 replies

Jan 11, 2012 12:10 PM in response to wynrod

Just wanted to make sure...

With iTunes Match enabled on an iOS device directly syncing with iTunes via USB or Wi Fi is no longer supported. All music is managed directly on the iDevice. Also, some criteria for Smart Playlists such as last played dates, play counts or limiting the playlist to X number of items are not supported by iTunes Match. For the time being it is not possible to use your playlist as you have been with iTM.

Jan 10, 2013 3:20 PM in response to wynrod

Today I lost all my playlist from imatch they no longer show up on my Ipads or my apple tv, they are still on my pc itunes account but nowhere else, also I cannot connect to the apple TV with the Ipad remote app allthough I can connect to my PC with The ipad and run the apple tv that way. something has changed and it is surely for the worse. I have turned on and off ITM and homeshareing with no results. It has made a fairly good system into something I am not sure I want to keep.

Feb 14, 2014 1:20 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

Why is NOTHING MENTIONED about this huge problem before you turn on iTunes Match. It's been three hours and so far I have lost so much information that I'm afraid to remove anything from my iPhone memory which is the whole point! Info either just "disappears" offf your phone without warnng OR there is no way to truly understand if a song/album is "safely" uploaded and can be delete from a MacBook or iPhone or not. I have several questions posted already...HELP!

Removing songs from synced smart playlists in itunes match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.