Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match with an iOS device question

I just finished setting up iTunes Match on my iMac. I have an iPhone (16GB) that I keep a few hundred songs on. What happens if/when I enable iTunes Match on the phone? Do I lose what is currently on the phone? Does iTunes start downloading all 3000 songs I have in iCloud (which will not fit)? Or does everything stay the way it is, but I have the option of downloading any/all songs from iCloud to my iPhone?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Late 2009 version

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 11:29 AM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2012 1:00 PM in response to pwrmacbob

After thinking this over. Let me reword my post.

When you turn on iTunes Match on your iPhone, what happens? The bottom line for me is I have much more music in iTunes than I can fit on my iPhone. I keep a few hundred songs on my phone and thats the way I want to keep it. If I turn on iTunes Match on my iPhone I get a warning "iTunes Match will replace the music library on this device" It doesn't say what it will replace it with. Will it try to add all 3,000 songs from iTunes? Will it just replace the songs currently on my iPhone with the iTunes Match versions?

iTunes Match with an iOS device question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.