Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcpx

I have a simple problem: Final Cut Pro X crashes immediately after displaying the main window. Even after numerous new starts of the computer and deleting the preferences, it will not start. What else can I do?

Thanks for helping.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 10 GB

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 1:43 PM

Exactly how did you delete the preferences?

9 replies

Jan 12, 2012 6:13 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

There may be a simpler solution.

In my experience, render files becoming corrupted can cause crashes at startup.

Rather than deleting preferences or moving projects or events, try just deleting render files (or moving them to a different folder). Since render files will be recreated when needed, this is less disruptive than moving events or projects around.

Note: if you can notice from the splash screen which is the culprit event, you may try and delete render files for that event only.

The render files for each event lie in a folder called "Render Files", inside the folder for that event (which is inside the "Final Cut Events" folder).

You may just drag it to the root of the hard drive, for example, and see if FCP X then starts ok. If it does, just trash these render files, since they will be recreated appropriately.

Message was edited by: Luis Sequeira1

fcpx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.