Skip navigation

fcpx

338 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 12, 2012 11:47 AM by Yarramalong RSS
Yarramalong Level 1 Level 1 (125 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jan 11, 2012 1:21 PM

I have a simple problem: Final Cut Pro X crashes immediately after displaying the main window. Even after numerous new starts of the computer and deleting the preferences, it will not start. What else can I do?

Thanks for helping.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 10 GB
  • Ian R. Brown Level 6 Level 6 (17,490 points)
    Jan 11, 2012 1:43 PM (in response to Yarramalong)

Exactly how did you delete the preferences?

• BROOKLYNTREEZ Calculating status...
    Jan 11, 2012 7:05 PM (in response to Yarramalong)

You have a corrupt event or project. Remove all events and projects from folders and add them one by one until you see the crash again. That's the corrupt file.

• Ian R. Brown Level 6 Level 6 (17,490 points)
    Jan 12, 2012 12:20 AM (in response to Yarramalong)

I meant, which files did you delete as there are 2?

Click this link to see them.

https://discussions.apple.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-16724581-52773/pre fs.jpg

• Luis Sequeira1 Level 5 Level 5 (4,805 points)
    Jan 12, 2012 6:13 AM (in response to Ian R. Brown)

There may be a simpler solution.

In my experience, render files becoming corrupted can cause crashes at startup.

Rather than deleting preferences or moving projects or events, try just deleting render files (or moving them to a different folder). Since render files will be recreated when needed, this is less disruptive than moving events or projects around.

Note: if you can notice from the splash screen which is the culprit event, you may try and delete render files for that event only.

The render files for each event lie in a folder called "Render Files", inside the folder for that event (which is inside the "Final Cut Events" folder).

You may just drag it to the root of the hard drive, for example, and see if FCP X then starts ok. If it does, just trash these render files, since they will be recreated appropriately.

Message was edited by: Luis Sequeira1

• Tom Wolsky Level 10 Level 10 (104,630 points)
    Jan 12, 2012 8:50 AM (in response to Yarramalong)

Get Event Manager X to control your events. Surely you don't need 300 events at one time.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.