Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Konica Minolta PP1400W with Lion?

Hi All,

I've been trying to get this printer working on OS X Lion for hours now, and now I'm completely stuck.

I installed everything that I found on this topic (Foomatic-RIP, Ghostscript, Minolta PagePro 1400W PPD), but when I try to print something I always get an error message about OS X Lion does not support PPC applications anymore. Can somebody advise how to progress or should I just leave this printer that way? (I wouldn't throw it away as it still works perfectly under Windows.)

Thanks in advance!

PS. My hardware is a 21" 2010 iMac i3 with OS X Lion 10.7.2, if that matters.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 1:33 PM

8 replies

Jan 11, 2012 4:25 PM in response to blackdogone

According to the information on the Linux Foundation Open Printing web site, the min12xxw package, as well as Ghostscript and Foomatic-RIP, are all Universal Binary so these latest versions should not be causing the error message. But if you had earlier versions of these packages installed on the iMac running 10.6 and then you upgraded to Lion, then this may be the cause of the error.

Jan 12, 2012 3:12 AM in response to Matt Broughton

Hi Matt,

thanks for your reply.

I installed all three items I found on openprinting.org (min12xxw package, Foomatic-RIP for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion), Ghostscript for Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) - Mac OS X 10.7.x (Lion)), maybe I was not clear enough about that.

As a switcher this is the first task that looks like I'm not able to solve by myself. 🙂 Maybe I should delete everything and start again from the beginning?

Jan 12, 2012 6:41 PM in response to blackdogone

I set up those drivers to work with a virtual printer on my computer. I was able to "print" a document without any problems.

Please walk us through where and when you get the error message that PPC apps aren't supported anymore. Such as, when I print a document from Preview and click the Print button in the print window… It also might help if you attach a screen shot where and when you encounter the error.

Jan 15, 2012 1:36 PM in response to Matt Broughton

Hi Matt, I just took a few screenshots for you.

Here's exactly what happens:

1.) I open a file in Preview.

2.) I choose 'Print' from the 'File' menu.

3.) I usually leave everything on default settings.

4.) I press 'Print' button.

5.) The status of the printer changes from 'Idle' to 'In use' on the 'Print & Scan' screen.

User uploaded file

6.) After a second or two I got two error messages over the 'Print & Scan' screen, both of them are the same:

User uploaded file

7.) Printing does not start.

Thanks in advance.

Using Konica Minolta PP1400W with Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.