Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way I can type in English but have it translate my words into another language?

I speak english. I want to be able to type the English words and have them translated into other languages. Japanese kanji, katagana, hiragana in my specific case. I tried using text input, but it just translates a letter at a time making my word a mix in English letters and Katagana characters.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 3:30 PM

5 replies

Jan 11, 2012 6:19 PM in response to seraph6496

seraph6496 wrote:

I want to be able to type the English words and have them translated into other languages.

Not now. Maybe in a few years or so. Or maybe never, if you stop to think about it.

There are several free automatic translators on the web. You can find them by googling it. (Your Dashboard translator uses Systran's.)

I tried using text input

I assume you mean you enabled Kotoeri, the Japanese input method. This is for those who wish to type in Japanese. It's not a translating tool.

is there a way I can type in English but have it translate my words into another language?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.