Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

which type of Firmware Restoration cd for iMac Mid 2010?

I got SOS tones(3 long tones, 3 short tones, 3 long tones) on startup one day when my iMac crashed for no reason. I read tones of websites saying that mightbe a failure firmware update after checking memories are all good. The suggestion is using a Firmware Restoration cd to get my iMac back to life. But where is the correct type of Firmware Restoration cd for iMac Mid 2010?

I only found Firmware Restoration cd 1.9 for Mac Pro (Mid 2010). That mighbe the closest version but still doesn't match mine.

Can anyone please have any idea which type is for iMac Mid 2010?

Many thanks.

ErrGo

iMac

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 4:08 PM

4 replies

Jan 11, 2012 6:12 PM in response to ErrGo

What system version do you have? Can you boot from your gray system dvd and run the AHT (Apple Hardware Test)? This is if you have Snow Leopard or earlier. If Lion you hold down D key during startup and run Recovery.

I know you hope it can be easily fixed but my suspicion with the beeps is a hardware failure that can only be diagnosed by taking it in for service.

which type of Firmware Restoration cd for iMac Mid 2010?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.