Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube Videos Skip on Automatic Graphics Switching

This is a feature in the newer models, Specifically Speaking Late 2010 Model.

In Energy Saver, You have the option to turn on or off Automatic Graphics Switching.

MBP's with this option usually have 2 Graphics Cards, Intel HD Graphics, and Nvidia Geforce GT 330M.

If you turn this feature on, You will notice that during playing youtube videos or other videos, the video might lag, or skip.

To avoid this problem, simply turn off this feature (unselect it).

The downside to this is more battery usage.

I did not experience this problem on Snow Lepoard. Only on Lion.

This problem could be the merge from gMux Version 1.9.21 to 1.9.22

Please let me know if you experience similar problems, or have found a better solution!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Intel i7 2.8 ghz, 8 gb Ram

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 4:30 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2012 3:07 PM in response to Hassan2012

I've experienced a similar problem with my mid-2010 MBP freezing when on battery power. I've traced the problem to gfxCardStatus switching the GPU to the Intel HD when there are still dependencies for the NVIDIA 330. I stopped using the application and seems to have solved the problem.

I agree that the problem is prevelant on Lion and didn't occur in Snow Leopard. Your advice to turn off the AGS feature in Energy Saver is a smart one, at least until engineering at Apple resolves this problem, since both gfxCardStatus and AGS are doing the same graphics card switching without reference to actual need of the running apps.

Youtube Videos Skip on Automatic Graphics Switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.