Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sync *only* music from ATV gen1 to my mac?

Hi! I've run out of of HDD space on my iMac and I only want music to sync back & forth between my iMac and my gen1 AppleTV.

I no longer want TV Shows and Movies stored on my iMac. I know I can always redownload them (or even stream them) from the iCloud if my gen1 ATV dies.

when I uncheck "TV Shows" or "Movies" in iTunes, it seems to imply that it's going to remove my video content on my ATV which is not what I want.

any insight would be appreciated - thanks!

Apple TV, 160GB

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 2:31 PM

If you remove content from your iMac it will remove it from your Apple TV too (unless you do this). You should also note you cannot redownload movies at a later date from iTunes. I'd recommend you get yourself an external drive to expand your iTunes library rather than trying things that may well end up with you losing content.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2012 2:31 PM in response to chinarut

If you remove content from your iMac it will remove it from your Apple TV too (unless you do this). You should also note you cannot redownload movies at a later date from iTunes. I'd recommend you get yourself an external drive to expand your iTunes library rather than trying things that may well end up with you losing content.

how to sync *only* music from ATV gen1 to my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.