Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Sheet music notation to Drum style?

ok, I am creating some sheet music in Garageband, but it put my notation in a style that I am not used. I think it is Piano. Is there a way to change it so it shows the drum notation I am used to? For example, it has the hi-hat eighth note shown below the bottom staff line, and as for lack of a better term a black filled oval. I am used to this being on the top staff line as an X.

there are many other difference as well, kind of makes it useless to me if I can't change the notation to be like all my other sheet music.

thanks for any help!

Owen

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 1:09 PM

2 replies

Jan 12, 2012 6:09 PM in response to Owen21

Yeah - you're not gonna get much in the way of notation out of GB.

To follow up on HangTime's comment, Finale and Sibelius are dedicated notation programs and both do drum notation. however, unlike GB, they're not for producing music, they're for producing music scores.

Logic also has notation in it. I don't really use the notation part of Logic, but I imagine it likely has drum notation too. (notation in Finale / Sibelius is way better than in Logic, but Logic is a full blown production studio for everything else).

Change Sheet music notation to Drum style?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.