Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I make some "cool video segment" final cut tutorials?

Hi, I know that a lot of the fcp tutorials out there are simply, this feature does this, to do this you do this, instead of real "creative video segment" tutorials such as a comlex intro, series of effects, etc. that would teach you how to make awesome looking effects/segments. I was wondering what you guys thought of this, as I'm considering making some. Thanks!

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 2:59 PM

4 replies

Jan 13, 2012 9:42 AM in response to conner100

conner100 wrote:

... , as I'm considering making some. Thanks!

we are actually discussing this on my German board, and there are ZILLIONS of horrible, horrible, REALLY horrible tutorials out there, my favorites are those 5th graders, gum in the mouth, Red Bull in the veins, and simply talking nonsense ...

Example? this funny guy ... click

there are excellent, profound and professionally made tuts from MacBreak in the iTunes/Podcasts section, there's Creativecow.com, there are Ripple and Izzy Training, and Mr Ken Stone has on his site tons of info.

Finally I'm looking forward, our own forum hero, TOM WOLSKY will publish a book ...

What I would like, from my hobbyist p.o.v., is more a kind of 'cook-book'.

less technique, more 'do this, do that'.-

I've done a little website in the past for 'quick 'n dirty tricks' with iMovie ...

I'm thinking about another one for Motion5, a 'Cookbook for Really Cheap SciFi Effects' .. kind-of ... we'll see ... 🙂

Jan 17, 2012 1:00 AM in response to conner100

conner100 wrote:

... really cool maybe 30-60 sec video ... do you mind if I use the name "FCPX Cookbook"?

honestly? I do!

cooking is no in-seconds fast process, nor 'cool' in any meaning.

real cooking (not: pizza in the wave… ) is a slow-paced, experienced, well-timed process, with taste, knowledge and 'tact'.

How about 'Speed Dating FCPX" … ? 😉

Should I make some "cool video segment" final cut tutorials?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.