Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing .xlsx files into numbers from pc...possible?

I just got Numbers for my iPad in hopes that I could edit spreadsheets I have created on my laptop. (it is not a mac) Is this possible? I see you can somehow get spreadsheets from iTunes but I can't see how to save the file into iTunes. I tried "add File to library" and it doesn't do anything. Not even an error message. Any help would be awesome. thanks

3GS, iPad 3G, iOS 5.0.1, Toshiba laptop/ Windows 7

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 3:17 PM

1 reply

Jan 12, 2012 3:46 PM in response to iggyandspike

I figured it out (or at least this seemed to work).

after reading questions others asked about opening spreadsheets from mail, I realized that this spreadsheet is saved in dropbox, so I opened it on the ipad using dropbox and did "Open in Numbers" and it seems to have worked.

My only problem now is that I don't think that if I make changes it will also change the original one in dropbox. My lap top is not an iOS device so I don't think there's a way to update the files on there unless I can maybe somehow get it into itunes???

anyone understand what I'm trying to do?

I'm basically trying to be able to work on a spreadsheet from my iPad, iPhone (using Numbers) or laptop (using excel) and have all of them update the same spreadsheet. Is this possible?

I keep answering my own question LOL

anyway, it looks like there's no way to have a "real time update" between an iOS device and a non-iOS device but I can transfer the files back and forth. I'm guessing this is the best I'll be able to do.

my question remains tho, so if anyone knows a way to do it, feel free to comment

importing .xlsx files into numbers from pc...possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.