Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XCode App Won't Download

Hello,

I am long time PC user, and making the transition, hoping to start doing app design.

I saw the numerous unfavourable reviews for XCode 4.2.1, and decided to download 3.2.6 instead. I installed the program, but the actual XCode application didn't show up in the installation file in the /developer directory. After much searching, and failing to find the file any way to load the XCode application, I am now trying to download XCode 4.2.1 from the App Store

I signed up for a developer account, and have repeatedly tried the 'Install App' button for Xcode 4.2.1, but it will not begin the download. I haven't had this problem with any other apps, but for some reason, it is refusing to start the installation process. I am not getting any error messages, it is simply not starting the download and installation process.

Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 4:02 PM

3 replies

XCode App Won't Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.