Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

themes iDVD not all working

After reinstalling everything on a drive that had to be wiped to correct a permissions disaster, now only iDVD 7 themes work. The rest of the themes that did work prior to the reinstall (5 and 6) do not now work. All it shows for the 5 and 6 themes are yellow triangles with the question mark.

The version I am is 7.2.1. I have to make some changes on an unfinished project and now I can not do it on the Lion version. I have to move the iPhoto file and the whole DVD project to the drive that has Snow Leopard which does show the themes.

Before I reinstall iDVD from iLife 11 nd not let it update from 7.1, thought I would ask.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2.8 GHz Quad core, 6 GB ram

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 3:30 PM

6 replies

May 29, 2013 9:20 PM in response to Derryl S

Funny how no one ever replied to this...

I also have these triangles showing up in theme 7.

1-5 work perfectly in 7.2.1

I did download the 7.0.1 prior that contains the theme folders. However, when I unpacked it the iDVD 6 and 7 have no "resource"' folder in "contents". Only "version.plist". Oh sure, the folders of all the themes are there but that is all that is inside these folders. No wonder it only displays a yellow triangle.

Can someone please make a suggestion here.

May 30, 2013 9:33 AM in response to Derryl S

Try using Pacifist to install the themes from the 7.0.1 updater.

The only way to obtain all of the themes, i.e. iDVD 1 - 7, is to install iDVD and the themes from an iLife 09 disk. 😟

If you have to purchase an iLife disc in order to obtain the iDVD application remember that the iLife 11 disc only provides themes from iDVD 5-7. The Software Update no longer installs the earlier themes when starting from the iLIfe 11 disk nor do any of the iDVD 7 updaters available from the Apple Downloads website contain them.

Currently the only sure fire way to get all themes is to start with the iLife 09 disc:

User uploaded file

This shows the iDVD contents in the iLife 09 disc via Pacifist:

User uploaded file

You then can upgrade from iDVD 7.0.3 to iDVD 7.1.2 via the updaters at the Apple Downloads webpage.

Also check in iDVD's Advanced preference pane and see what's listed in the "Look for my themes in these folders" window.

User uploaded file

You may have to reset the file path to the themes folder: HD/Library/Application Support/iDVD or User/Home/Library/Application Support/iDVD.

OT

May 30, 2013 12:44 PM in response to Derryl S

Hi Old Toad:

Thank you. I have read all your posts on this before and there is only one difference in my situation that no one has addressed. I have a working iDVD without ever having iLife. Once I download iDVD (the last version 7.2.1) then I went to check for updates. MAC OS 10.8.2 App updates recognized I was missing the "extra content". So that got downloaded and 1-5 themes work perfectly. 6 & 7 do not.

Could this possibly make a difference as to why when I download update 7.0.1 the 6 & 7 theme folders appear as yellow warning triangles?

What are you thoughts. Ever known anyone who has done it this way?

And yes, I did all the above you mentioned before posting this but it is a good reminder. Pacifist is also like unpkg. Similar App. They do the same thing with Pacifist have a few more options to play with. Unpkg is simply that, un-package.

May 30, 2013 1:00 PM in response to Derryl S

BTW, from your iDVD contents in the iLife 09 disc via Pacifist Package Contents above, physically open up your iDVD 5 and iDVD 6 folders and see what is in them. With iDVD 6, I only show a .plist in the contents portion of the folder.

With iDVD 5, it shows the actual theme templates. iDVD 6 folder does not. NO "resources" folder.

For exampleUser uploaded file

Jun 1, 2013 2:46 PM in response to Derryl S

Okay, ehre is the answer...

When I clearly explained that the two folders (iDVD 6 & iDVD 7) were displaying yellow warning triangles it simply means those folders have become corrupt.

Simple solution. Delete the folder or simply replace with new identical folders from another user who uses iDVD 7.1.2. and has these folders intact.

That solved everything without Pacifist or Updater. It is just a folder issue. Nothing more complicated than that.

themes iDVD not all working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.