Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an ipod touch and it will not connect to my wifi. It has in the past but now it won't even let me get to the point where I put in my wifi info

I have an ipod touch and it will not connect to my wifi. It has in the past but now it will not even give me the option to connect?

iPod touch, iOS 5

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 3:22 PM

10 replies

Jan 13, 2012 2:34 PM in response to lllaass

At first it would just not connect, I would get that little cirle that it was searching for a wi-fi. So I followed the instructions per the link and powered off the ipod, now the wi-fi is gray and it says no wi-fi

Then I went to settings, then to general then to about. Under the wi-fi address it says N/A

How do I make it available? All of my other devices are working fine.

Jan 13, 2012 5:34 PM in response to Abbylynn

Did you just update to BUGGY OS 4.x???

All the updates starting with OS 4.x have completely screwed up most iPod Touch', especially older models like Gen 2 and 3.

Inability to connect to any WiFi.

Fluctuating WiFi signal no matter how close you are to the AP.

Drastically shortened battery life, even when in sleep mode.

And Apple hasn't done a **** thing since irritated owners have complained about it since the middle of 2011!!

(I am one of many thousands affected!) Look at older threads by searches of "Fluctuating WiFi", Terrible Battery Life, for the Touch and iPhone.

This is why I bought an Android tablet instead of an iFad this Xmas. Non-existant Apple support!

----------------------

iPod Touch Gen 2.

MSi Core2Duo 16" Notebook

HP 15.4" i7 Media Center Notebook

ASUS 10.1" Transformer Android Tablet.

Jan 13, 2012 5:59 PM in response to Philly_Phan

Sorry, but if you look at the other threads about the iPod OS 4 bug, this mis-informed solution has nothing to do with the iOS 4 Bug that is well recognised. Look for your self on the numerous threads complaining about the Fluctuation WiFi and Shortened Battery life caused by the WiFi bug.

Here's one, read it all.- https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2476084?start=0&tstart=0

Apple has closed these threads that started in the middle of 2011 so no one else can complain, and there is NO FIX.

I have an ipod touch and it will not connect to my wifi. It has in the past but now it won't even let me get to the point where I put in my wifi info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.