Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete a smart group from address book in Lion 10.7.2

There is a smart group in my address book called "Last Import" and I would like to remove this smart group as I've moved the adress cards in it to other groups, however control-clicking on the name gives me options, but no Delete option. Nor does the delete key do anything.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 2:03 PM

The way to delete a smart group is to select it with the mouse and then type command-X to delete it. Horrible user interface!

8 replies

Mar 20, 2012 10:47 PM in response to peterrobbo

i have this exact same problem, have you got an answer yet?? this group was created when i created a new contact, but the contact was created in the wrong iCloud account, i have two, a personal one and a shared one.

the shared account was selected to be the default one (inadvertenly). so when i created the new contact it was placed in the shared account, i manually moved it to my personal account, and once i did that, the "smart group" "last import" was created, i want it gone...

Mar 20, 2012 11:01 PM in response to Rysz

thank you so much for the quick reply, but side question, this group did not exist when i first set up my iCloud accounts, it was only triggered when i moved one contact from one iCloud acount to another iCloud account, if i turn off sync to my MacBook Pro (contacts only) and delete the address book, would that remove that group, and then turn on iCloud sync (contacts back on) would it be gone "last import"

How to delete a smart group from address book in Lion 10.7.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.