Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When was the last MacBook Pro software update?

Hi!

I can't remember when I received a software update but it has been a while. Each time I update the my computer it says that everything is up to date. I'm just waondering when the last software update happened. 😕 Just a little concerned, you know. 😐

Thanks! 🙂

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 9:00 PM

You are at the end of the Snow Leopard line. 10.6.8 is the last update. The new version of OS X is called Lion, 10.7.x. You can purchase and download Lion using the App Store - $30.00.

Lion System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • 2GB of memory
  • OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
  • 7GB of available space
  • Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2012 9:00 PM in response to woofmatix

You are at the end of the Snow Leopard line. 10.6.8 is the last update. The new version of OS X is called Lion, 10.7.x. You can purchase and download Lion using the App Store - $30.00.

Lion System Requirements

• Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
  • 2GB of memory
  • OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
  • 7GB of available space
  • Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.

Jan 12, 2012 9:33 PM in response to woofmatix

woofmatix wrote:

Many have told me to wait before updating to Lion and since I have SATA 320GB 5400RPM hard disk that it might slow the computer down. The processor is i5 with 4GB RAM. Will it be a problem to upgrade to Lion? Will it slow my system down? 😕

I had the same exact configurations on my mac when I upgraded and didn't notice any system slow down. I ahve since upgraded the ram to 8gb since it is so inexpensive to do so now, and I installed an SSD, but that wasn't because of any noticable slowdown, it was just a personal choice.

When was the last MacBook Pro software update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.