Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S email not pushing

In the several years I've owned an iPhone, I have never had a problem with my Yahoo email pushing to my phone until recently. I have only had the 4s for a couple months and I'm not sure if it started immediately after upgrading from iPhone 3.

I have my email set to push every half hour, but it won't push unless I open the app. So I end up with a ton of unread emails at the end of the day, which is so frustrating. Another strange twist I noticed is that if I close the app from the recently used app bar (which I access by double tapping the home button and then close by holding down the icon until they begin to shake) my email pushes itself within seconds after doing so. I've tested it several times, so I know it's connected to this action. I've looked all over the Internet and saw thread about it being issues with Yahoo, but I'm not sure that's the issue here. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any solutions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 5:35 AM

Similar experience here. I talked to AT&T this morning and they said there was a known Yahoo issue that has been going on for 2+ weeks.

2 replies

iPhone 4S email not pushing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.