Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 WiFi Problem - Keeps disconnecting

My iPhone 4 keeps disconnecting from the WiFI....

When it was on the 4.3.5 version it had the same problem... I tried to do everything...

I Reset Network Settings .... ---> Didn't work

I Restored the phone and upgraded to IOS 5.01 ---> Didn't work

Is not the router ! I'm sure... The problem happens at my house, at my work, at the shopping mall, at my friend's house... EVERY WHERE 😠

While I'm watching a YouTube video... Or downloading something in the AppStore the Wifi does not disconnect (stays normal. PERFECT).

BUT when I'm at the homescreen or simply NOT using the Wifi ---> It disconnect by itself.

That didn't happen to my iPhone 2g and my 3GS... They were perfect... BUT my iPhone 4 is truly driving me crazy !

I searched all the internet... I watched many "how to do" youtube videos... I even called a technician...

Some one who had the same problem. Did you fix it ? How ? I'm begging for someone to help me to fix this problem. 😢

Please Apple. Help me !

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 4:26 AM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2012 8:54 AM in response to Marcel Oliveira

Hi I FINALLY found the solution and it was posted on the apple website. You need to access your routers settings and enable the WMM (Wi-fi multimedia) setting. I tried everyone suggestions and could never figure out why nothing was working. Apparently the phone has to have it. So just google your router and include WMM in the search. Here is the article on apple.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3727

Aug 23, 2012 1:39 AM in response to ILoveMeLex

i came to know that discconecting from WiFi to 3G is a built-in feature in IOS 5 that enable battery save! your phone will keep listings to incoming connections from 3G (if it is enabled) and will turn to WiFi once needed, or when you unlock the screen manually to use your phone!

However, i did find a fix (at least works for me at the moment)

Connect your iPhone to your Mac/PC and launch iTunes (if it is not already launched, make sure you run latest iTunes version), once your phone is visible in the left hand side column, click on it, then in the right window you will see tabs on top (summary, info, apps, tones, etc....), click on summary and scroll to the bottom of the page until you reach options box, tick the box that says (Sync with this iPhone over wifi) and then hit apply in the bottom right corner (check any warranging message if they show up).

now you can disconnect your iPhone and close/quit iTunes.

Now your phone will have WiFi on all the time, and will be automatically discovered in iTunes once you launch it (if you want)

This is working for me. and i hope it will help you

Jun 1, 2014 2:00 AM in response to sangland

Actually this alone did not work. From other posts I tried changing network name, changing security level on router. Everything is now back the way it was except that the lease duration on the routers was only 15 seconds which probably didn't help, now set to 1 day. I can now see on my router status that the wi-fi connection is retained when the iphone is locked.

iPhone 4 WiFi Problem - Keeps disconnecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.