Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove Airport Base Station Agent from Windows

I recently upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 Pro. Somehow I must have inadvertantly installed Airport Base Station Agent as it now appears in my system tray. I have several Airport Express devices but NO Airport Base Stations on my network. The AP Express devices I believe are managed by the Airport Utilty which is also installed and running fine. Do I need Airport Base Station Agent in this situation? If I do, what does it do? If not how do I remove it. It is not showing up in the Add/Remove utilty in the control panel.

Thanks,

Rod

Airport-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 6:45 AM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2012 7:42 AM in response to Aeroscout

The AirPort Express, Extreme, or Time Capsule are all base stations. The AirPort Base Station Agent was installed when you installed the AirPort Utility for Windows and is used to monitor (in your case) the AirPort Express base station. The Agent monitors the base station's status and will alert you if there is something wrong or that, for example, a new firmware update is available.

I would recommend keeping it.

How do I remove Airport Base Station Agent from Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.