Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to repair disk frequently, only happens after running VMWare Fusion, though

I have to repair my disk by booting with command-R at least twice a week. The disk gets corrupted and peformance goes down the toilet.

I have finally isolated that it happens only after I am have run VMWare Fusion 3.1.3. Whether I leave it open or suspend the VM doesn't matter. Of course the solution from VMWare was "pay for an upgrade to Vmware 4", but that is not in the cards for me.

Anyone have similar issues or problems.

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook6,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MB61.00C8.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.51f53

Serial Number (system): W89433W88PX

Hardware UUID: 8DB112AF-8BE0-5614-A976-77A0D903A028

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 7:14 AM

7 replies

Jan 13, 2012 2:04 PM in response to Tony Politano

Tony Politano wrote:

Sorry, I should have been clearer on the VMware response. 3.1.3 is the lowest version they run on Lion and should work (minus the bells and whistles of 4), but I think he was just trying to upsell me 4.

Unfortunately, no. While the initial response from VMware was the release of the 3.1.3 update, it was quickly determined from all the reports that people were still experiencing issues with 3.1.3 on Lion. (I suspect it became more prevelant after the 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 updates. For the record, I did not have an issue with 3.1.3 on Lion, but I upgraded to Fusion4 before 10.7.1 came out.) While not everyone experienced an issue with 3.1.3 on Lion, there were enough reports coming in that VMware has pretty much stopped saying 3.1.3 is ok on Lion. But old webpages with outdated info still live on in Google, etc.

On a brighter note, VMware dropped the price of Fusion. Fusion3 was $70 when it was initially released. Fusion4 is $50. So from that point of view, VMware is give you $20 off. 😉

Need to repair disk frequently, only happens after running VMWare Fusion, though

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.