Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rented a film on itunes, but when I go to play it on my laptop, it's just a black screen... help? :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Windows PC-OTHER, Windows 7, Itunes on a windows PC, film rental

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 7:46 AM

2 replies

Aug 18, 2014 10:41 AM in response to Jorlock

I know this thread is ridiculously old, but this problem seems to persist on quite a few people. The solution I have found is so simple you'll feel stupid after doing it (at least I did).

Problem: black screen whenever trying to play a movie through Itunes.

Solution (Windows 7 PC):

1. Log onto your PC as an administrator. You will need the extra access to change these options. Also, exit out of Itunes to make sure these changes take effect.

2. right click on either the Itunes shortcut on your desktop or the .exe file to launch Itunes wherever you installed it (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes). You cannot right click its icon in the taskbar.

3. After right-clicking, go to properties, then click the "compatibility" tab.

4. Check "Run this program as an administrator".

5. Click apply and OK.

6. Your black screen should go away. The movie may take around 20 seconds to start, where you will see a black screen, but a circle in the center will spin saying it's loading. This should only happen the first time playing a movie, after that it will start immediately. Note: you will need either to be an administrator or type in an administrator password whenever launching Itunes, since you are launching it as an administrator. Hope this helps you all!

I rented a film on itunes, but when I go to play it on my laptop, it's just a black screen... help? :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.