Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant find ITunes Match on my phone

I downloaded the ITunes Match on my laptop but I cant find Match on my iphone3gs. Ive got iCloud on my phone and that works ok with other apps.

I've gone through all the updates and am sure Ive got the latest operating system.

Help please...

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 10:57 AM

7 replies

Apr 20, 2012 10:26 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

I am onboard a US Navy ship, so I can't connect my personal device to the internet right now. My iPhone has iTunes Match enabled, but obviously, can't access the cloud right now. I have my laptop, which has all of my media files saved to the hard drive. I would like to be able to copy music from my laptop to my iPhone so I can use it as a music player at my desk. (I am accessing this site from my work computer.)

When I try to sync or copy music from my laptop to my iPhone, it does not allow me to copy the music over. When I try to disable iTunes Match on my phone, I do not have any iTunes Match options in the settings app, or in the music app. In the settings app, I've checked under General, iCloud, and Music sections. Under the Music section, my only options are Shake to Shuffle, Sound Check, EQ, Volume Limit, Lyrics & Podcast Info, and Group By Album Artist. There are no media-related options under iCloud (I am unable to access iCloud Account Information since I do not have internet connectivity). Wi-Fi Sync is enabled as well. I have connected my iPhone to my laptop using an Ad-hoc Wi-Fi connection with no issues (my iPhone shows up in iTunes on my laptop).

In iTunes on my laptop, there are no options associated with iTunes Match. When reviewing my iPhone with iTunes on my laptop, the Music tab only has the Voice Memos option. If I drag some music files from my music library to my iPhone, I get an error stating that iTunes Match is enabled.

Cant find ITunes Match on my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.