Somebody help, Before I go in sane!!! I want to use Remote App on my iPhone to control my ATV 1st gen.
Whe I follow these instuctions TO THE LETTER.
Apple TV (1st generation)
- Connect iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a Wi-Fi network that is connected to the local network that your Apple TV also connected to.
- Open the Remote app on your mobile device.
- Select Add an iTunes Library in the Remote settings screen. Remote will then display a 4 digit passcode.
- On Apple TV, select Settings from the main menu, select General and thenRemotes.
- Select the name of your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Enter the 4 digit passcode. Use the volume up/down keys on the Apple Remote (Infrared) to change the number that is displayed and the track next/back keys to switch digits.
- Click Done.
I don't get the interface which includes the trackpad (the whole point). I get the iTunes version.
Has anyone got an idea what I'm doing wrong. I have re-enstalled the App. over and over, same result every time!!