Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibook G4, iTunes, QuickTime 7.5.5 or later. iTunes won't work!!

I have an iBook G4 when i try and open iTunes it tells me that iTunes requires QuickTime 7.5.5 or later. I have QuickTime 7.3. I am running OS X 10.5.8. When I do a sotware update, it doesn't update QuickTime. If I try and download QuickTime it tells me that OS X has QuickTime in it and to do a software update in order to update QuickTime. I'm in that fun endless loop. What do I do?

iBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 5:02 PM

Hi, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

How did you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5.8?

Which version of iTunes is involved?

Did you use the full retail version to upgrade, or did you use a disc that came with another Mac? Since QuickTime is built into the OS, it brings into question whether the upgrade installation went properly.

Which exact iBook model is it?

You can choose from this list:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ibook/index-ibook.html

How much RAM is installed?

What is the hard drive capacity and how much space remains available on it?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2012 5:02 PM in response to levanmoxley

Hi, and welcome to Apple Support Communities.

How did you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5.8?

Which version of iTunes is involved?

Did you use the full retail version to upgrade, or did you use a disc that came with another Mac? Since QuickTime is built into the OS, it brings into question whether the upgrade installation went properly.

Which exact iBook model is it?

You can choose from this list:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ibook/index-ibook.html

How much RAM is installed?

What is the hard drive capacity and how much space remains available on it?

Jan 13, 2012 6:52 PM in response to Ronda Wilson

Hey Ronda,

Thanks for the response. After I posted I did another search and I read another post similar to mine. In that post you had put a link to be able to download QuickTime 7.7. I copied that link and downloaded and it worked great. I'm still not sure why doing a software update didn't pick up the update for QuickTime. Anyway, thanks for the link in the other post.

LeVan

Ibook G4, iTunes, QuickTime 7.5.5 or later. iTunes won't work!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.