Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes DJ apple remote app GUEST feature?

I have a huge itunes library on a PC in my basement office. I have wifi and had the remote app downlaoded and installed on my new iphone 4 last week. I was able to connect and have fun with it no problem. It never asked me for any passcodes or anythign like that, it just instantly found the library. My husband's phone did the same. So we have had a few friends over since without problems. We had a friend over yesterday who'd never tried it, and he tried to connect. It wouldn't work for him. He tried turning on home sharing in his remote app, then when that didn't work, he click the add library thing in the remote app, but it displayed four numbers, some kind of code. So I looked up online to see what to do with this code. I went down to the basement, clicked his phone under devices, entered the code, and it took a few minutes to load the library but it worked. We were all able to use it all evening. Now this evening I'm home and my iphone tells me it cannot find the library. Not sure why. I went into the settings, etc. nothign had changed that I know of. Now when I try to connect its asking me to put in this passcode, same as my friend had to do yesterday.

We were planning to have a party this weekend and have our guests all use the remote app. I won't be running up and down to the basement every time a guest arrives to pair their deivce with a passcode to use the apple remote app. And that woudl just be a pain to relocate the PC upstairs for party use, plus I don't wnat people messing in my itunes directly. Is there no way for them to connect as guest?? HELP!!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 9:04 PM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2012 5:39 AM in response to fhebig

If your wifi is secured that's why. We have a secured wifi and found out when you lock your network it's almost like itunes assumes you want people to have the full access the remote app has. If you make a passcode free wifi network during your party it will work fine. According to your router you could limit guest to Internet access only and that will allow it to work. The main thing is having your wifi be password free when you want the remote app to work just for voting and with no secure passcode. Hope this helps we love iTunes Dj it's a great social tool for your friends they always end up trying to get each other to vote for their song.

iTunes DJ apple remote app GUEST feature?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.