Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What ways are there to move my addressbook to the iCloud?

What ways are there to move addressbook from MacBookPro on OS10.5.8 to iCloud and iPad2 ?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, MacBookPro

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:24 AM

You need Lion/10.7.x on the Mac to be able to sync AB, or sync anything.

I have no idea what an iPad can do, but at 10.5.8 on the Mac, the only possible thing I can think of is to setup an iMap email account on the Mac & iPad, then in AB select all & export one big vCard, then email that vCard to the iPad.

iCloud Mail setup...

IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
  • SSL Required: Yes
  • Port: 993
  • Username: example@me.com (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
  • Password: Your iCloud password

SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2012 10:24 AM in response to Peter750

You need Lion/10.7.x on the Mac to be able to sync AB, or sync anything.

I have no idea what an iPad can do, but at 10.5.8 on the Mac, the only possible thing I can think of is to setup an iMap email account on the Mac & iPad, then in AB select all & export one big vCard, then email that vCard to the iPad.

iCloud Mail setup...

IMAP (Incoming Mail Server) information:

• Server name: imap.mail.me.com
  • Port: 993

SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
  • Port: 587
  • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes

Jan 15, 2012 8:45 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank, BDAqua, I'll look into going your iMap route (not acquainted with iMap yet) and I have no idea how to unpack a huge VCard. For the rest of this Sunday I'll wait for some more ideas via the Mac and iCloud forums. This dead end MacBookPro/OS 10.5.8 and AB database is so MS and unlike Apple, I'm disappointed and already getting exhausted. Cheers, Peter

What ways are there to move my addressbook to the iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.